Thursday, January 14, 2016

Rally Over

Well that was fast.  Once we broke the higher lows, and with such persistency it was pretty clear that this counter trend is over.  Until further notice I will not trade counter, only with the trend.  My only exception is I will short volatility as it makes sense.

My view is 182 is now back in play, and then 160, and then into the 150 area.  From there we will see.  Gold and the miners will benefit now that traders must unwind their short positions.

Two areas of great interest, and that has yet to fall nearly enough is Real Estate and Biotech.  We will be religious buying these on buy signals.  For individual stocks, we will focus on AAPL and TSLA, using puts.

Right now, my positions are:

Short AAPL, Trade green
Short Real estate with REK, Trade green
Long GLD, Trade flat
Long GDX.  Trade flat
Long oil, Trade red
Long Oil equipment. Trade red



No comments:

Post a Comment