Monday, January 18, 2016

Recap and the Week Ahead

Last week was a bit of a mixed bag for me.  Not sure if it is OPEX or bottoming that caused the whip saws, but it sure feels like capitulation to me.

Closed Real Estate, GLD, GDX


and AAPL shorts for profit, and lost on SPY long,  I doubled my XIV long position.  Results below.

We hit the second of my three targets I laid out in December.  We hit the gap fill and bounced, but less than I expected, and then went promptly to the August Lows.  I am expecting a bounce here, and then into the mid 1700 area before the FED March meeting.

I am looking at capitulation in Oil and Natural Gas, and am long XLE and USO.  Have buy signals on GLD and GDX and am long them, as well.

Finally, We have hit my extreme zone on UVXY and am long XIV, and hold VXX puts.

Results, Y-T-D on the signals.


Some charts



No comments:

Post a Comment