Sunday, August 2, 2015

Weekend update

It was a very good week for both the Ultimate portfolio (now up 13.1%, since inception July 1st 2015, vs. SPY up 1.5%.  The breaks in the chart show when I rebalanced the ratio of XIV and SDS.  I call that change ahead of time, for a end of that day's trading.  Currently we are 50/50.  It looks likely the signal will go bearish again Monday or Tuesday and I will go back to 70/30 in favor of SDS.


The $50K to one million dollar portfolio had another good week, and it is now up 86% for the year.  It is now back in cash.  The chart shows the number of trades since inception.  All trades are posted real time on Twitter, through my automated signal.


For Nadex, as promised I opened a small account for my Wife and Daughter, and will show you the results weekly.  My plan is to generate $1,000/month in income from a $500 dollar account only trading EOD.  I will bring the account to $500 at the beginning of each month.  I also post my trade and trade setup real time so it is actionable for you.  The signal is extremely reliable.  As an FYI, I have another NADEX account I trade more frequently that is generating income for the expenses of second home I own.  The key is to get direction right for the day, and not get greedy.

I also now will post TVIX buy signals.  This is only for those that can stand some gyrations though.  Profits can disappear quickly, especially overnight.  We will be conservative.  Seasonally we are coming into volatility and want to capture some of the action.

You get all of the above for $12.50/month.  I must be the nicest (or dumbest) guy in the world.

For the week ahead, I am leaning bearish.  Indicators flashed negative on Friday, and I am swinging short ES.  For precious metals, they stopped going down, and went flat.  I am still expecting a reversal trade, but so far every buy signal has petered out for a loss for me (save one).  This seems ominous to me as it suggests deflation is still in control going into the weakest trading months.  The dollar and emerging markets agree, and on Friday, the XLF flashed sell.  It is implausible to me that Yellen will raise rates into this environment.

Finally, I am doing a training webinar on my signals, and how to trade the portfolio's mentioned above.  The date is going to be August 20th, at 2pm Pacific time.  I will have a place to signup and costs by Thursday.  You will get an eBook of the discussions and it will be recorded.

Good trading all.

No comments:

Post a Comment